Are you thinking of buying a home in Regina SK & surrounding areas? Use these helpful tips to get ready to make one of the biggest financial purchases of your life!
1) Get pre-approved for a mortgage! Before you begin your search, get your credit in shape! If you plan to finance your home purchase, meet with a mortgage lender and check your credit history, especially if you’re a first-time home buyer. That way, you can correct any errors and take measures to boost your credit score. The mortgage lender will take a look at your credit history, your savings and investment statements and your current financial situation to give you a better picture of what you can afford and the financing options available.
2) Establish your budget! Whether you’re financing your purchase or paying cash, it helps to establish a budget. This will help you focus your search on great homes within your price range.
3) Make a list! Buying a home is a process of elimination, not a process of selection. Make a list of your idea home’s must haves and deal breakers. This will help you to narrow your search so that you can find a home that fits your current and future needs.
4) Think about resale! While you may purchase your home as a long-term investment, keep in mind that you may need to sell it one day. Consider the homes resale value when you’re looking at properties.
5) Hire a REALTOR®! This is one of the most important steps because a real estate agent is trained to act with your best interests in mind. You want to ensure you’re protected and using a REALTOR’s® experience can help you avoid costly mistakes.
Contact us today to start searching for your dream home, we can help you every step of the way!