If you’re thinking of selling your home, it’s important to be prepared. Follow these tips to help you during one of the biggest financial transaction of your life!
1) Clear the clutter! Before you put your home on the market, clear the clutter that’s accumulated over the years. Tackle one room at a time and divide your items into three piles: keep, donate and toss.
2) Get packing! You might not want to pack up all your belongings, but it helps to start boxing up the items that you want to keep but won’t need to use for a while. Out of season clothing or sporting equipment are some examples to help you get started. Packing up and clearing out your things will help potential buyers picture themselves living in your home and prevent your valuable items from being damaged during open houses.
3) Research the local market! Knowing how much the homes in your neighbourhood are selling for and how long they stayed on the market can help you gauge your home’s value and estimate a time frame for the sale.
4) Repair and improve! Boost your home’s curb appeal by doing minor repairs and improvements inside the home and out.
5) Hire a REALTOR®! They know how to help you price and present your home to achieve the highest sale in the quickest amount of time!
If you are thinking of selling your home, contact us today!