Although winter is cold and full of snow, it can still be a great time to be active in the real estate market.
Here are 4 benefits of selling a home in the winter:
1) Less competition. There are usually fewer homes on the market at this time of year. Many people will wait to list their homes until the spring. Use this to your advantage, fewer homes for sale means that your home will stand out.
2) Buyers are more motivated to close. While there may be fewer buyers in the winter, the ones who are in the market want to close quickly. These are the folks who want to buy a home, and they want to buy it now.
3) You home may show better. The cozy ambiance that defines winter can help potential buyers imagine living there.
4) You can take advantage of the holiday season. Decorating with festive wreaths and lighting can also make your home appear more inviting.
Here are 3 Reasons to buy a home in the winter:
1) Your lender is less busy. Typically, there are fewer buyers in the winter, so you may be able to have your loan processed quicker.
2) You can take advantage of deals, including the post-holiday sales on home appliances., hardware and decorative items.
3) The winter weather conditions will show you how the home holds up under seasonal pressure so you can ensure you are buying something solid from the inside out. Plus an added bonus: since many people have friends and family visit over the holidays, chances are the home will be clean, organized and adorned with festive decorations!
If you're thinking of selling, request a copy of our Seller's E-book to help you prepare your home for sale!
If you're dreaming of buying, we can help you find the right home for the right price.