Spring has sprung and the snow will be completely gone soon which means it’s time to refresh your landscape. Follow these popular trends to create an outdoor space you can enjoy for a lifetime!
1) Livable Outdoor Spaces – Many homeowners are treating their patios and backyards like another room of the house by adding outdoor kitchens with pizza ovens and using decorative planters and garden art to put their unique stamp on the space. How can you make your space more livable?
- Add a deck or a patio! Great for entertaining or relaxing in your free time, a deck or patio is a must have feature.
- Enhance your lighting! Set the mood and enjoy your patio in the evening with the right lighting. LED and solar are becoming increasingly popular.
- Think comfort! Homeowners are turning their patios into outdoor living rooms with oversized sofas, armchairs and tables made for the outdoors. It’s time to throw out the plastic patio furniture.
2) Low Maintenance Landscapes – A backyard with little to no maintenance is a great selling feature to many potential buyers.
- Plant native species. These types of plants will have adapted to the soil, water and weather patterns for your area.
- Install artificial turf. It looks like grass, but it requires less maintenance and water. Bonus: you never need a lawnmower!
3) Gardening For Wellness – It’s no secret that whole foods are the key to good health. Many people have turned to their own yards to grow the fruits and vegetables required for good nutrition. Not only are you able to see the fruits of your labour grow and flourish, but gardening is also great exercise burning up to 400 calories an hour!
- Plant what you love. Make a list of the fruits and vegetables you love before you shop for seeds. This will help to ensure that most of what you grow is consumed. Strawberries, beans, peppers and herbs are some popular plants to try.
- No yard, no problem. If you don’t have the yard to grow a garden, you can grow what you love in containers instead. Find a sunny spot on your deck or patio and arrange your portable garden for optimal light.
Bring spring inside with a houseplant! A houseplant is a hardworking piece of décor. It enhances the appearance of your home but it also improves air quality. Boston Fern, Potted Orchid and Snake plants will boost the look and health of your living space.
For tips and tricks, contact us and click here to download your FREE E-book preparing your home for sale!